Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sew what?


Happy Fools Day.
Did you get fooled today?

Well, I'm going to fool you with a blog post that doesn't involve knitting. Yesterday I pulled out my singer and a blue suede coat. This coat came from my favorite thrift store in Northeastern Minnesota.

Blue over sized coat before it met my sewing machine.



Blue over sized coat afterwords...



Sewing is a mystery to me. I'm sure I broke some of the major rules in terms of pleating. After a number of trials and errors, I just attempted to alter the skirt to fit according to the lines already integrated into the original coat design.





Now I have a skirt to carry me into spring time. And, of all the things that it could be--it's blue suede. Overall, I am happy with the end result.

3 comments:

  1. You sell yourself short--this skirt is awesome! WEll done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It's wonderful!
    Neva

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it- it makes me what to sew something~!

    ReplyDelete