Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earthly Knitting

Happy Earthy Day! Are you feelin’ earthy?


Here’s an earthy knitting tip. You know those left over strings that you snip off and toss once most of the yarn is weaved into your final knitting project? Well, start hanging onto them, they can be used for stuffing in…I don’t know…a knitted pillow or a knitted earth. Thanks to my sister for making me consider another use for yarn.



My semester is almost over, so I’ve been scrambling these past few days to finish up a few items on the never ending to do list. Don’t worry, I have been sneaking in a little knitting project for my brother which I’ll share next week. Until then, I need to keep this post short and stay on task.

Ultimately, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your outpouring of kindness this past week. It truly was amazing and wonderful to hear from you all. Last week my mom shared another Grandpa Root phrase with me--I’ve got one foot in the grave and the other foot on a banana peel! Hah!

Finally, I’ve been noticing this commercial on a few of the knitting blogs that I frequent. Natural gas, hm, what are your thoughts? Well, this little nugget of knitting genius should make anyone a believer.



No comments:

Post a Comment